At Dunham Lawn Pet Funeral Services, we strive to uphold high standards of dignity, care and respect. Therefore we only carry out individual, private pet cremations. Each pet will be individually cremated, their ashes carefully placed in your chosen urn or casket, and then personally returned to you.
What happens step by step
- Contact us to discuss your requirements. We will guide you through the process. We are here to support you, and are happy to speak to you on the telephone, via email, or in person.
- You can bring your pet to us, or we can arrange to collect your pet from your home or vet’s office.
- If you would like to, come to the pet crematorium and say a final goodbye to your pet in our Farewell Room.
- Select a casket or urn for your pet’s remains, and we can discuss any other memorials that you would like for your pet.
- Finally, we will either return your pet’s ashes to your home, or you can collect them from us if you wish.
Should you wish, you are always welcome to come and scatter your pet’s ashes in our Farwell Garden – even if you come to this decision after you have collected your pet’s ashes or they have been returned to you. Just give us a call to let us know when to expect you.
Attendence at the cremation
The crematorium is a very sensitive area, therefore unfortunately we do not allow families to witness their pet entering the cremator.
However, our Farewell Room provides a quiet, comfortable space where you will be able to say your final farewells to your pet before the cremation takes place.
Our Farewell Room is available for you and your family to say goodbye to your pet, ahead of their cremation. It provides a private and comfortable space, where you can take you time in a quiet setting.
Pet Garden & Ash Scattering
Our Pet Garden offers calm, tranquil views of the fields and woodland which surround Altrincham Crematorium & Dunham Lawn Cemetery.
You are very welcome to scatter your pet’s ashes in the Pet Garden upon collection. If you prefer, our staff will be happy to scatter the ashes for you. Even if you come to the decision later that you would like to do so, just give us a call and we can arrange an appointment for you to come in.
Collection & Delivery
We understand that it is not always possible for you to bring your pet to us, or to collect their ashes, so we offer a collection and delivery service upon request.
Our core operating hours for this service are Monday-Friday 8:30-16:00 – during this time we can collect your pet either from your home or directly from your vet. We do offer an out-of-hours service upon request. This service will be subject to availability and subject to an extra charge.
We will normally be able to return your pet’s ashes to you within 7 days. Where this is not possible, we will endeavour to return you pet’s ashes at the earliest opportunity and keep in contact to let you know when this is likely to be.